Last revised: November 15th, 2021
2. COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We collect Your Information at various points when you use the Site. We use the data that we collect to tailor your experience on the Site, show content that we think you might be interested in, and display content according to your preferences.
1. When You Register. When you register for an account we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information about yourself including, without limitation, your name, email or other electronic address, professional affiliations, photographs, and other biographical information.
2. "Share" Features. If you use our optional "Share" features on the Site, we will collect the email address that you provide, in order for us to send that person an email. We store this information to send that initial correspondence, to send reminders, and to track the use and success of these features. That person may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove that email address from our database.
3. IP (Internet Protocol) Addresses. An IP address is a number that's automatically assigned to your computer whenever you surf the Web. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When you request pages from the Site, our servers log your IP address. We do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information. This means that your session will be logged, but you as the user remain anonymous to us. The site will identify the date, time and IP address from which you access the site when you register as a user and if you choose to opt-out of receiving emails or other communications from us.
5. Log Data. Log data consists of IP addresses and information generated by cookies, and other details about a visit to our Site, such as the time of the visit and the type of Web browser used. Log data is collected passively and is not personally identifiable. Log data collected on our web servers supply us with aggregate information about the number of visits to different pages on our site. We use this information only to improve our site.
3. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
1. At Your Instruction. One purpose of the service is for our users to share non-health and wellness information with others. We allow you to choose the information you provide to other users as long as it is not related to personally identifiable health or wellness information. Please note that once you share information, copies of that information may remain viewable in cached or archived pages, or it may be saved locally by others, even if you subsequently delete that information or change the privacy setting.
2. No personally identifiable health or wellness information will be shared with third parties under any circumstances.
3. Completion of Business Transactions. If you order a product from the Site, we may share your name, address, and email address with the vendor of that product, so that the vendor can deliver the product to you. If you pay for the product with a credit card or through your bank account, we may share Your Information with third party service providers in order to complete your purchase, but we will only share Your Information with these third parties as much as is necessary to do so.
7. Service Providers. We may sometimes use a third party to provide specific services on our behalf, including sending e-mails to our members, conducting member surveys, processing transactions or performing statistical analysis of our services. In these cases, we may provide certain personal information, such as your name and e-mail address and other financial information necessary for the service to be provided. However, these third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality of this information and are prohibited from retaining, sharing, storing or using this information for any other purposes.
9. Business Transitions. In the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, liquidation or sale of all or a portion of its assets, our members personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred. Members will be notified of any such business transition via e-mail or prominent notice on the Site.
4. INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
Information that may be collected includes IP addresses and advertising ID’s associated with your device. If you would like to opt-out please click here so you can be guided through the process. Alternatively, to find specific steps for opting out using your iOS or Android device click here then scroll down to General Account Support at the bottom of the page.
We are providing you with this information and the ability to manage how your advertising data is handled in an effort to be transparent as well as to reflect our commitment to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles.
5. CHANGING OR CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
To change the information associated with your account you can contact email@example.com. Your Information will not be generally available to registered users of the Site, but we may retain Your Information for a period of time in our internal databases and systems.
6. DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
7. COMMUNICATIONS FROM US
As a registered user of the Site, you will receive our customary business communications such as e-mail address confirmation, administrative messages, and our newsletter. If at any time you do not wish to receive these communications, please follow the directions provided in the communication.
We take appropriate precautions to protect Your Information. Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number or your password), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We cannot and do not guarantee that your User Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons, or that your account will not be accessed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
9. IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CHILDREN
While we take seriously the privacy of all our visitors, we are especially committed to protecting the privacy of children under the age of 16 years old. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16 years of age. We have installed screening mechanisms to identify the age of all visitors to any area of the Site that requires the collection of personally identifiable information. A Site visitor indicating they are under 16 years old that attempts to submit personally identifiable information will receive an error message stating that he or she must be 16 years of age or older to be a Site member. We believe our policy is in the best interests of children. We hope you understand our position concerning children’s privacy.
Any personal information that is unknowingly collected from a child under the age of 16 years old will be deleted upon written request from the child’s parent or legal guardian. Deletion requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. CONTACT US